home page / dentists
In 2001 she graduated from the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program of the Hellenic American Educational Foundation (HAEF – Athens College) in Athens, Greece. The title of the research project during the program was “The Effect of Coffee on Blood Pressure in Greek Adults”. It was evaluated as excellent.
Dental School, University of Athens
In the same year (2001) she started her undergraduate studies at the Dental School, University of Athens, Greece.
University of Connecticut, USA
In 2008 she entered the two-year graduate program of Advanced Education in General Dentistry at the University of Connecticut, Farmington, USA. She received advanced training in restorative dentistry, fixed and removable prosthodontics, periodontics, endodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, pediatric dentistry, orthodontics and oral medicine in both healthy and medically compromised patients, including patients with cancer. She managed a patient roster of over 200 patients. In addition, she treated acute dental problems during emergency on-call rotations at the John Dempsey Hospital, while providing a broad range of urgent dental treatment to a diverse patient population. Furthermore, she managed patients under general anesthesia.
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
In 2010 she entered the postgraduate program on Forensic Odontology at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium. In 2011 she received her Master’s Degree with “Magna cum laude”.
Since September 2011 she works at her private dental clinic and offers advanced general dentistry. She also manages the dental problems and oral complications in cancer patients that receive classical chemotherapy, head and neck radiotherapy, antiresorptives and targeted therapies.
She is a clinical research associate at the Clinic of Hospital Dentistry, University of Athens, Greece.
She participates in the teaching of the course “Holistic assessment and management of symptoms” in the section of “Symptoms of the Oral Cavity” of the graduate program entitled “Organization and management of supportive care in patients with chronic diseases”, which is organized by the Medical and Nursing School of the University of Athens.
She participates in the teaching of the course “Head and neck Anatomy / Physiology”. This graduate program is organized by the Dental School, University of Athens.
- Osteonecrosis of the Jaw (ONJ) Case Registry 20101102
- Study of dysphagia in patients with head and neck cancer. Systematic review. Oral Care study group, www.mascc.org/study-groups
- Guidelines for oral mucositis: translation, www.mascc.org/mucositis-guidelines
- Development of an Oral Health Quality of Life Module, phase I to IV of the EORTC Module development, http://groups.eortc.be
- Update of the EORTC QLQ-H&N35, Phase I/III, Head and Neck Quality of Life Questionnaire Module, http://groups.eortc.be/qol/
- Development of the EORTC Symptom Based Questionnaire based on current guidelines for module development: the development of a time-efficient procedure.
Publications in the English literature:
- Osteonecrosis of the jaw in a patient with chronic myelogenous leukemia receiving imatinib - A case report with clinical implications. Nicolatou-Galitis O, Razis E, Galiti D, Vardas E, Tzerbos F, Labropoulos S. Forum of Clinical Oncology. 2013;29-33.
- An in vitro comparison of subjective image quality of panoramic views acquired via 2D or 3D imaging. Pittayapat P, Galiti D, Huang Y, Dreesen K, Schreurs M, Couto Souza P, Rubira-Bullen IRF, Westphalen FH, Pauwels R, Kalema G, Willems G, Jacobs R. Clin Oral Invest. 2013;17:293-300. doi: 10.1007/s00784-012-0698-0. Epub 2012 Mar 1.
- Oral ulcers in cancer patients who receive mTOR inhibitors: an emerging oral toxicity. Nicolatou-Galitis O, Bafaloukos D, Manolakis G, Panayiotidis P, Vardas E, Galiti D, Linardou H. MOJ 2012;2:50-56.
- Human dental age estimation combining third molar(s) development and tooth morphological age predictors. Thevissen PW, Galiti D, Willems G. Int J Legal Med. 2012;126:883-887. doi: 10.1007/s00414-012-0755-x. Epub 2012 Aug 12.
- The Effect of Coffee on Blood Pressure in Greek Adults. Galiti D. Research Monograph as an acquirement in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. Athens, Greece. 2001.
Presentations at International Meetings:
- Markers of angiogenesis and inflammation in patients with solid tumors receiving targeted therapy and/or zoledronic acid. Galiti D, Papadopoulou E. Nicolatou-Galitis O, Papasotiriou I, Linardou E. Bafaloukos D. MASCC/ISOO International Symposium on Supportive Care in Cancer. Miami, USA. June 26-28, 2014. Received the Young Investigator Award. http://mascc2014.meetingxpert.net
- Dental extractions as part of the management strategy in patients with solid cancers and pre-existing osteonecrosis of the jaw stage 2. Athanasiadis I, Galitis E, Galiti D, Antoniou F, Koutinos G, Tzaninis D, Nicolatou-Galitis O. MASCC/ISOO International Symposium on Supportive Care in Cancer. Miami, USA. June 26-28, 2014. http://mascc2014.meetingxpert.net
- Dental extractions in oncology patients receiving intravenous bisphosphonates. A case series report. Vardas E, Nicolatou-Galitis O, Papadopoulou E, Galiti D, Galitis E, Kouri M, Razi E, Anagnostopoulos N, Megalakaki K, Bafaloukos D. Berlin, Germany, June 2013. http://mascc2013.meetingxpert.net
- An in-vitro comparison of panoramic views acquired via 2D or 3D imaging to aid diagnosis of oral health. Pittayapat P, Galiti D, Huang Y, Dreesen K, Schreurs M, Couto Souza P, Rubira-Bullen IRF, Westphalen FH, Jacobs R. 24th annual meeting of the European Society of Head and Neck Radiology (ESHNR). Brugge, Belgium. September 8-10, 2011. www.eshnr2011.be
- Oral Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis: A case report. Sarri T, Galiti D, Papadaki T, Fisfis M, Nicolatou-Galitis O. 1st Congress of the Mediterranean Multidisciplinary Oncology Forum (MMOF). Athens, Greece. September 10-13, 2009.
Attendance of International Scientific Meetings:
- 2014 MASCC/ISOO International Symposium on Supportive Care in Cancer. Miami, Florida, USA. June 26-28, 2014.
- 3rd Day of Oral Oncology. Hellenic Association of the Supportive Care of the Oral Cavity in Cancer (HASCOCC). Athens, Greece. May 17, 2014.
- iTop Advanced Level. Athens, Greece. May 2014.
- 1st MMOF Workshop on Jaw Osteonecrosis in medication. 3rd Congress of the Mediterranean Multidisciplinary Oncology Forum. Athens, Greece. October 24-26, 2013.
- iTop Introductory. Athens, Greece. June 2013.
- 2nd Day of Oral Oncology. Hellenic Association of the Supportive Care of the Oral Cavity in Cancer (HASCOCC). Athens, Greece. May 18, 2013.
- 1st Day of Oral Oncology. Hellenic Association of the Supportive Care of the Oral Cavity in Cancer (HASCOCC). Athens, Greece. May 19, 2012.
- International Symposium on Forensic Odontology. IOFOS. Leuven, Belgium. September 2-3, 2010.
- 2009 MASCC/ISOO International Symposium on Supportive Care in Cancer. Rome, Italy. June 25-27, 2009.
- 1st Meeting of the Hellenic Association of the Supportive Care of the Oral Cavity in Cancer (HASCOCC). Athens, Greece. February 29 – March 2, 2008.
- 7th Biennial Congress of the European Association of Oral Medicine (EAOM) and 26th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Academy of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine. Berlin, Germany. September 23-25, 2004.
Member of Scientific Associations and Study Groups
- Business management of her private dental clinic, 2011 – today.
- Member of the Educational Committee at the Dental School, Catholic University of Leuven. POC (Permanente Onderwijscommissie) member, 2010 – 2011.
- Member of the authorial team (editorial board) of the alumni magazine of the Hellenic American Educational Foundation (HAEF – Athens College) “Hermes”, 2003 – 2005.
Awards and Honors
- She received the «Young Investigator» Award at the MASCC/ISOO International Symposium on Supportive Care in Cancer. Miami, USA. June 26-28, 2014.
- She graduated with «Magna cum laude» from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium. 2011.
- She received the «Elinas Angelopoulou» Award for the best oral presentation in Oral Pathology at the 11th Scientific Student Symposium, Dental School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece. May 19-20, 2006
- Her research project «The effect of coffee on blood pressure in Greek adults» during her IB program was evaluated as excellent. 1999-2001.
Call 210 65 11 898
or 210 65 11 330
155 61 Cholargos